Pregnancy is a term used to describe the time span in which the fetus gets its development inside the womb of women. The womb is also known as the uterus. It usually takes about 40 weeks to complete the period. 40 weeks are equal to 9 months and a child took birth once a woman is free from its delivery. Necessary changes can be done.
It has always been considered a right of every woman to be a mother. For this purpose, they bear the torture of pregnancy. Motherhood is never easy, as it does not include the pain, annoying signs of pregnancy. Motherhood includes training, nurturing, feeding, and educating the children.
Symptoms of Pregnancy:
Below is the discussion on points related to the signs and symptoms of pregnancy.
- Missed Menstrual: the very first indicator for a married woman that she is pregnant is the missing periods. If a woman is bearing a child and more than expected time for the period has passed away, you might be having a baby in your uterus.
- In pregnancy, the breasts of women become soft and swollen which indicated that you are pregnant.
- You are carrying a baby, a new living life inside your body, it is evident that you are bound to urinate more than usual because child is getting every nourishment from you and as the child is alive, he needs to urinate as well. For that purpose, he uses mother for excretion and urination.
- Morning sickness is the biggest symptom when you are pregnant. Mostly nausea comes with vomiting or you can experience nausea without vomiting, but you feel nausea for sure. It can hold you in the morning especially, but it can get hold of you, any time it pleases.
- You experience tiredness and fatigue in the body during pregnancy. You are carrying a weight inside your body day and night, not taking proper rest and busy in following your routine, so it is no joke that you are feeling fatigued.
- Constipation is extremely troublesome during pregnancy. A study shows that three to four women pregnant women do experience constipation or other bowel movements at the same point. By pregnancy constipation, we mean having lesser bowel movements; say less than three bowel movements per week.
- Preventions for Constipation:
Following are tested and tried solutions to cure constipation during pregnancy. Doctors believe that stool softeners are safe for this purpose, but I recommend you to get proper consultation from your regarding the taking of any medicine during pregnancy, as it can harm the fetus growing inside your uterus. Minor changes in your lifestyle can save you from constipation. Here these solutions are:
- Take plenty of fluids: Water act as a natural stool softener and is an excellent choice during pregnancy. Fresh juices that must include fibers in them, should be taken generously. It is suggested to take 12 ounces of glasses of water daily to keep pregnant women hydrated.
- Engage in Physical Activity: doing home chores is no big deal during pregnancy, as it includes your physical activity; you might not get constipation because you are exercising. Being active will save you from constipation. /pregnant women must engage themselves in any physical activity for 30 minutes, three days a week. You can opt for parental yoga to relax. You can enjoy morning walks, swimming in the pool in the evenings. Choose any light exercise that suits you.
- Eat Fiber-loaded food: Diet that includes fiber is good in any way, but it is considered essential during pregnancy. A pregnant woman must eat fruits, foods containing a higher amount of fibers, beans, vegetables, and pure wholegrains. Wheat is the best option. Avoid taking much oily food items, fried especially, go for eating raw food or food cooked in lesser oil. Fibers provide vitamins and antioxidants to pregnant women which is healthier for the child and the mother. As far as ratio is concerned, every pregnant woman must take 20 to 30 grams of fiber daily in order to stay healthy.
- Iron Supplement: In case you are prescribed iron supplements by your doctor then you might have to take stool softeners. Always check the expiry date before buying any supplements!
- Eat in Portion: it is necessary for pregnant women to avoid eating to their full in one sitting. You are suggested to cut your meal into three to six meals per day. Eating large meals can stuff your stomach making it harder for the digestive system to function properly. It is therefore recommended that always eat in chunks, this will save you from constipation as your digestive system will be functioning well.
- Conclusive Remarks: During pregnancy, choosing the right diet, right exercise, and the right amount of sleep can make you healthy and will save you from constipation. Health is the key to wonderful pregnancy. Healthy mother, healthy child.