There is no evidence to suggest that frozen foods cause cancer. Freezing is commonly used to increase a food’s shelf life and store foods for extended periods.
Efficiently manage your office calculations with our advanced calculators.
The world is changing day by day, physical spaces are taken by online enterprises. People are becoming aware of time and its fruitful usages. Everyone is in a hurry of saving time and saved time is sold to money-makers. Life is becoming even tougher for working men and women. Cooking is necessary to stay alive, but it requires a lot of time. What could be done? People went on their search and found the solution in form of fast foods and frozen foods. Frozen foods are catching the fire due to their availability and ease to cook/handling freedom. Frozen foods are entitled to foods that are slightly cooked. This cooked food is then frozen to keep its natural flavor intact. Frozen foods include:
- Fish fillets
- Plain chicken
- Fish fingers
- Ready meals
- Breaded chicken
- Ice lollies
- Yorkshire puddings
- Green Beans
- Roast Potatoes
- Green sag
- Cocktail fruit bunch
Frozen foods are good or bad? Frozen foods are cancerous or not? These arguments still stir the air. It is a highly debatable point in nowadays research also. One group is in favour of the argument that yes, frozen foods are the leading cause of cancer. Another group is against this argument, they state the opposite: it is not causing cancer, but it can cause other diseases such as heart ailments.
Frozen foods are the result of freezing the food items to increase their shelf life in order to use it for several months. Freezing or refrigerating simply means bringing the food items below 0 C. this process will stop the decomposition of the food caused by various microorganisms that are present in the food.
Frozen foods are home to fat and fat blocks the arteries that disturb the flow of blood and heart forces to pump the blood. This exertion causes heart diseases. Frozen foods, due to their accumulated fats increase bad cholesterol in your body which further roots to other related health issues, but according to this group, there is no present and valid record or research on frozen foods that are causing cancer.
According to one study, frozen food can reduce the risk of cancer, especially stomach cancer. The question arises….how? The answer is simple: it can prevent the growth of harmful bacteria growing inside the foods that are rotting or going bad. Frozen potatoes (used commercially for making yummy chips) are deemed as a cancer-causing agent. The reason behind this argument is that frozen potatoes may produce a cancer-causing chemical named acrylamide, but again, this notion is not widely accepted by researchers. Potato lovers must check and cut off the green parts of the potatoes as they are grown outside the soil and are exposed to harmful fertilizers and pesticides. Always go for fresh yellow/white/pink potatoes for saving your health.
Frozen food items are not unhealthy, you could eat them, in an appropriate ratio as it is food, but cold food. Remember, there is no replacement for natural and fresh food items. Always limit the use of frozen foods as they are harmful, if not causing cancer. Frozen foods lack the nutrients that all human beings need to live and thrive in life.
Drawbacks of Frozen Food:
Follow the below-mentioned guidelines/drawbacks for keeping in mind your health and safety:
- Frozen Foods are way more expensive as they are used by people who are not living in an area or situation where they can find fresh food: vegetables, fruits and meat items. It does long last, but devoid of important nutrients meant for giving health.
- In frozen foods, apart from keeping them in freezer, industries add up preservatives sourced from plant or animal to prolong the shelf life of foods. These preservatives can lead to serious health problems.
- People are of the view that frozen food need not to be cooked, there are certain foods that need to be cooked. Foods that should be cooked properly includes fish, vegetables, pizza, chicken breasts and ready meals. Before buying always, check the instructions and expiry date.
- There are many foods, which are not suitable for freezing. Such foods include eggs, vegetables containing high water content and fruits containing high water content. The increased water content in fruits and vegetables can lead to untimely mushiness upon defrosting. In order to get the right food for the right purpose, make sure to choose your frozen food items very carefully. A tip in this regard is to prefer fresh fruits, vegetables and meat items, as they are far more nutritious and health savings.
- Cooking and proper cooking has been needed between thawing and refreezing. This long process is troublesome as people buy frozen foods to save their time in cooking or related chores! The items that have past expiry dates cannot be cooked thawed or refrozen.
Conclusive Remarks: In the above-mentioned debates, the idea that frozen food is the leading cause of cancer has been dropped off. Frozen foods, no doubt are the real cause of heart or related heart ailments, but no study shows that frozen foods can be the cause of cancer unless they are not expired or going to meet their expiry dates. Remember to go for fresh fruits, vegetables and meat items, as fresh foods are irreplaceable!