Are Vitamin-Enriched Drinks *Bad* for You?
Do Enhanced Waters Actually Have Health Benefits?
Human body is made up of many nutrients apart from organs, muscles and tissues. In order to keep the body healthy, it needs the required nutrients in an adequate amount as excess of anything is bad. Vitamins are micro organic nutrients which are required in a human body for efficient working of metabolism. There are two major types of vitamins:
- Water soluble Vitamins.
- Fat-soluble Vitamins.
As far as water-soluble vitamins are taken into consideration, these are like free souls and travel with liberty in the entire body and does not reach to toxic levels like fat-soluble vitamins. Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) and these vitamins are expelled out by kidneys.
These vitamins are sourced from grain, breads, cereals, nuts, seeds, legumes, green vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, leafy vegetables, peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, papaya, kiwifruit, lettuce, mushrooms, peanuts, milk, eggs, oranges and fruits. All the vitamins function differently; conclusively vitamins help in maintaining energy metabolism, nerve function, normal vision, skin health, digestive system, protein metabolism, iron absorption, strengthen immune system and helps to make red blood cells.
Fat-Soluble Vitamins stayed in the body and are hard to expel out of the body. These vitamins are stored and packed in cells of the bodies. These vitamins must be taken with care as its abundance can lead to toxic levels. In this regard, balanced diet is usually give enough fat-soluble vitamins.
Fat-soluble Vitamins include Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin K and Vitamin E. These vitamins are sourced from animal sources other sources milk, cheese, cream, butter, eggs, liver, leafy, dark green vegetables, rich orange fruits, pumpkin, carrots, sweet potatoes, liver, margarine, fatty fish, wheat grain, sprouts, seeds, nuts and sunlight.
Fat-soluble vitamins are needed for retaining and sustaining good vision, helps in keeping glowing healthy skin, protects mucous membrane, enriches health of bones, promotes tooth growth, sturdy the immune system, vitamins help in absorption of calcium stored in bones, it is a good antioxidant, enhances and protects cell walls, supports proper blood clotting and healthy membrane.
People love to live active and perky life and in order to get this surreal lifestyle they consume their time in maintaining healthy diet and eating style. Vitamins are like booster dose, enhancing what is needed the most! Vitamins help in restoring the skin health, it gives a glow and sheen to the skin that is the sign of healthy inner.
There are wide range of vitamin drinks and vitamin based beauty products. The most hot selling product is vitamin C serum. People are crazy about this product, whether it is proposed as bottled and marketed products or simply made at home by following DIY videos rampant on YouTube.
By Vitamin drinks, we simply mean amalgamation of beverages with fresh or powders containing vitamins, especially the inclusion of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Vitamin E. These vitamins should be taken in accurate and adequate amount, but no fears, if you have over dosed yourself with such vitamin enhanced drinks, then they would flush out of your body through peeing out.
In other words, Water-soluble Vitamins will not stay stored in your body, the excess is sure to come out of your body. Below are listed some of the advantages of vitamin enhanced drinks:
- Stay hydrated: adequate amount of such drinks will keep you hydrated throughout the day. Women should drink four glasses of fluid daily, if you are deficient in vitamins, whether water-soluble or fat-soluble vitamins. These are also known as energy boosters as they act as food for the body.
- Marketed or bottled vitamin enhanced vitamins must be taken through care, as high amount of artificial sugar is added in such drinks which can lead to health hazards. Take vitamins directly from the plants or animal sources as these are natural and hence beneficial for the health.
- Prepare your own vitamin enhanced drinks at home: add few slices of any of your favorite citrus fruit and dip them in water, let it seep through the water for at least three to four hours. This type of water, will act a detoxed water and will also give you benefits of vitamins.
- Vitamin enhanced drinks make your skin healthy. It contribute it renewing the cells functionality, providing apt amount of energy to the digestive system, builds your immune system on tougher levels.
- Vitamin enhanced are beneficial for hair as well. As we all know, hair are made up of protein and many vitamins perform their function as absorption of protein into the body.
- If you are suffering from fever, headache or even cold, then go for vitamin enhanced drinks, try taking freshly brewed juice at home, but make sure to add up its fiber also as it would double the process of healing. Avoiding giving it to children who have history of weak lungs or breathing issues with them, as giving them vitamin enhanced drinks as cure, would turn into fatal attack.
Conclusive Remarks: Human needs variety of nutrients to stay healthy, but foremost need is apt amount of vitamins in order to stay healthy or to cure the body from ailments. Vitamin enhanced drinks must be taken with care, as to avoid excessive amount of sugar that can prove to be lethal. Such drinks are good for skin, hair, digestion and for proper clotting of the blood. I would suggest eating as long as you are blessed with teeth. Prefer fresh juices/fruits over artificial beverages for staying healthy.