How to Overcome the Fear of Failure?
Failure is the term that no human wants to come across. Failure is a feeling of dismay and disappointment in yourself. It is also called “atychiphobia”. Fear of failure is always in a person’s mind while doing anything new. It is in every person’s mind, embedded with all kind of scary thoughts. It ranges from a person who wants to give a presentation in class to the entrepreneur who wants to start a new business. The main motive in defying your fears is to be confident in your goals. Failure should be a secondary thought; success should always be primary. Every person fails at things in their life. Some have failed relationships, jobs, business ideas, marriages and many more. It is very important to be optimistic about your goals. The fear of failure is always present but what matters is that individual should not let the fear absorb them or let it take over them.
How to be Optimistic about your Future Goals:
- Be transparent about your goals: One should give proper thought process to what they want in their life. There should be no negative thinking included while making a plan. He or she should be sure about their goals and start the journey to gain it.
- Believe in yourself: Believing in yourself is the highest form of self-confidence. Failure of fear immobilize a person but believing in yourself give you a power of controlling the situation. Never undermine yourself in any way.
- Visualize the drawbacks: It is necessary to give a thought to obstacles and hurdles in the goal. Everyone should have back up plan in case their primary one fails. Knowing both sides of the coin is very important before playing.
- Make a fear list: Teenagers while growing up gets really nervous about some things in their life. Some of them start to ignore them and does not face their fears. It is important to sit and write all the things that are holding you back from achieving your goals.
- Master the art: If you lack confidence then try to improve it. Stand in front of the mirror and all to yourself confidently about issues. Running away from the situation will only buy you back to scratch. People overcome their fears by practicing and becoming a master of it.
- Keep Trying: Without trying, a person cannot achieve anything in their life. Failure or Success is the result of trying. Learning process becomes enhanced when a person tries new stuff. Try to fail at stuff sometimes so you could know how can you do it right next time.
How to Stop Living in Fear:
Everyone have different meanings of failure; some feel the end of the world and to some, it is an experience. It is important to think positively about yourself and your attributes. Trust your potential and always have “I am the best” attitude. This attitude should be adopted by every individual so lack of confidence does not become a hurdle in their success. Conquer your fears. Try to know your fears so you can conquer them easily when you come across them. It was a study at the University of Pennsylvania that 60% of people do not try new things in their lives due to the fear of failure. Accept the failure, things never go as you want, nature has better and different plans for you. You need to accept what has happened and learn from it so it does not occur next time.
People tend to believe that if they think out of the box and project their ideas to the world and if the world does not accept it or appreciate it, it is a failure. Do not always lemmatized your potential o people responses. Try to be practical and if you fail practically at something, use the knowledge and gain in a positive way. Experience makes the person more qualified than the people with thousand degrees in their hands. With experience, you have gained the knowledge which no other person could get, so you got to learn stuff from it. The process of doing something makes you exceptional at that time. Challenge your failures like this so you enhance your exposure. Go through your past experiences, both bad and good. Learn from them. It is always good to try than doing nothing. Overcome your fears by challenging yourself. For example, some people fear of public speaking, they hesitate and could not accumulate words to speak while they have to deliver a speech. It is because of their fear of trying. The fear of failure revolves around their mind and they do not even try their whole life. This gets them into trouble when they are in their professional Life. In professional life, some people want to be an entrepreneur but do not try because of fear of losing their money. They wait for a company or person that can invest in their idea but not on a large scale, so if it goes wrong, they don’t lose anything majorly. This attitude makes a personal failure because of not trying and not putting enough belief in themselves.
Fear of failure is totally normal and is experienced by mostly every person in the world Next time when you have to do something. Sit and think about the whole process and try to give as a major input into it as you can. Try to be kind to yourself even if you fail at your goal. It is a part of life and everyone have to go through this with time. The main goal is to not underestimate your potential and do not let one failure hold you back from future success.