Human beings are a combination of spirit and flesh. Spirit is the heavenly gift and is deemed as eternal, whereas flesh and body are mortal. The body is controlled by the brain as the remote control of all the happenings of the body.
Efficiently manage your office calculations with our advanced calculators.
The heart is the administrator of feelings and emotions. The collision between the brain and heart causes serious problems and often leads to mental malfunctioning.
Two known ailments are anxiety and depression. In today’s world, no one can escape from its dangers. According to psychologists, anxiety refers to an emotion, which is ruled by feelings of stress, tension, troublesome thoughts and results in showing symptoms of high blood pressure. This is a disorder of mental functioning and people with anxiety usually suffer from disturbing and recurrent thoughts or concerns. Anxiety-stricken people often avoid facing stressful situations.
Depression, on the other hand, is an emotional state that is characterized by feelings of low self-esteem, govern by guilt, unable to enjoy life and its various blessings. This is also a disorder, a mood disorder that causes constant feelings or emotional states of sadness and loss of interest and charm in life. This mood disorder heavily affects the way of thinking pattern, way of behaving, and a variety of linked concerns.
Any serious illness, caused due to your own self or a loved one, can be destructive. Anxiety and depression are two such blood and sleep suckers. Whenever we feel somebody’s pain, we rush to treat it whether through allopathy or homeopathy. This is quite strange that we seldom care about our mental health, we take every mental blow as destined or God’s will. Our attitude towards such things is totally erroneous.
To treat such mental illness, therapies are there. Therapy, according to psychologists is a broad system of treatment where psychological methods are used to treat people with depression, anxiety, and other related mental disorders. There are a number of therapies that exist is psychology. People should visit a psychologist, one who is holding a valid license for treating people. Therapy can do wonders and enable you to cope up with your emotions or any symptoms caused by your ailment.
Therapies for Anxiety and Depression
There are a number of therapies available for treating anxiety disorder and depression. Some of the best therapies are mentioned below:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: It is also known as CBT. This therapy is an extremely effective form of psychotherapy for treating anxiety disorder. In this therapy, a psychologist targets and focuses on teaching the patient some specific skills to lift up his symptoms and with constant pace, making the individual to return to the activities which he had avoided due to anxiety.
- 3 Rules Therapy: This therapy is governed by distraction. In this therapy, you focus on hearing the three sounds that you hear. Moving of your three body parts; arms, fingers, and ankle. This is actually a mental trick to ease out your brain and bring it back to the present, current state.
- Spend Time out: In this technique, you are convinced to go out and take some fresh air. The stubborn electrons haunting your body will shed off in outer, free air.
- Eat well: In this technique, you are encouraged to eat a well-balanced diet, including fruit and vegetables in your daily diet. In treating depression, sweet dishes are miraculous, especially kheer (cooked milk, rice, and sugar) and grapes.
- Consume Less Caffeine: in order to treat your anxiety and depression, you must limit the use of alcohol, tea, and coffee.
- For the treatment of depression, psychologists often use a combination or blend of the three most effective therapies including CBT, interpersonal therapy and psycho-personal therapy. Antidepressants are also part of the treatment of depression. Following are the medications suggested for the treatment of depression.
- Serotonin–Norepinephrine Reuptake
- Antiseizure Medications
- Tricyclic Antidepressants and other additional medications. Do not use it on your own unless prescribed by licensed psychologists.
Benefits of Therapies:
There are various benefits of taking the right therapy at right time. A few of the benefits are mentioned below:
- Therapies can assist in gaining life-saving skills of coping with various problems, with a cool mind.
- Therapies can change your mindset and teach you to analyze the problem from different angles, a positive mindset. This change of mindset will lead to healthy interaction with people.
- Therapies are like medicines, they change your mood, make you satiated from the inner, this will result in a happier lifestyle.
- Therapies can make you productive in your life which will earn you a good economic balance.
- Therapies can elevate you to treat your stress or panic disorder.
Online Help: In case, you want to discuss your matter (both male and female), personally from a registered psychologist, feel free to take advice via email: email@example.com